• Glenn Wilson
    IMG_5042.jpeg?format=1500w&content-type=image%2Fjpeg

Nate: I decided it was time to kick advertisements off my site. It took a fair amount of effort, but I was able to purge my site of all that nonsense. (If anyone spots an ad I missed, please let me know so I can kill it!)

I never liked the idea of having ads on my site, but the reality is that this thing is not free to keep online, so I hoped some ad revenue might at least cover my annual costs. In reality, having ad content on this site was more work for me, more annoying for my readers, and didn’t come close to even covering the electricity it costs to run my laptop to write these updates. It was a lose, lose, lose scenario, so I made some changes and couldn’t be happier.

There’s a bigger lesson behind this too. When we realize something isn’t working or is no longer giving us what we need, we need to look at that situation objectively and make whatever change is best for us. ...

Continue at To Mexico and Beyond: No More Dancing with the Devil! More #ToMexicoAndBeyond.

More in the category Art, Literature, Museums, Music, and Theaters.

Register or sign up for our daily email digest.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.