• Glenn Wilson
    img_5024.jpg?w=620&h=604

Joanna of Changes In Our Lives wrote: Is it because I’m getting older? Has six months of social distancing worn me down? Or have I truly become more introspective? I suppose the “why” doesn’t really matter, but I think about the past a lot more than I used to, especially my early childhood.

I’ve always had vivid “living memories”. I remember people, places and events from the past. I talk about them (and write about them) often. But deep rumination is new to me. I find myself trying to chronologically piece together the circumstances, chance encounters, and twists of fate that made up my world during the first 18 years of my life. I then go one step further and try to recall how these situations affected and shaped my actions in the years to come.

Sometimes a memory and the corresponding future action are easy to figure out.
    I am the eldest daughter in a family of eight children. I helped my mom with chores and childcare because she obviously needed an extra pair of hands. I felt I could manage, none of the other kids were remotely old enough, and so I stepped up. Crossing our (very quiet) street with a baby brother in my arms and a toddler-brother hanging on to my waistband is a very early memory. We three made it safely across but a panicked neighbourhood lady came running up to me. Oh my goodness! What are you doing? What’s wrong? ...

Continue reading at Changes In Our Lives: Those were the days …. More #ChangesInOurLives.

More Blogs from News Wire Mexico.

More in the SMAFAQ category Art, Literature, Museums, Music, and Theaters.

bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.